Without having a smoker you can cook brisket in the oven. Therefore, you do not need to be worried if you do not have a smoker. It is easy to prepare brisket in the oven and the juicy beef brisket is rubbed with an amazing dry rub and baked in the oven until tender. This article will let you learn how to cook a brisket in the oven right in your kitchen.
Beef brisket comes from the lower chest area of the cow. It is a very tough cut of meat because it comes from the area where there is a lot of muscle and tendons. As it is a tough cut of meat, brisket should be cooked at low temperature for a long period of time. Let’s learn how to cook brisket by following 8 easy steps.
- How To Build Free Standing Wooden Steps | Six Easy Steps
- How To Drill Out A Lock In 6 Easy Steps
- How To Unclog A Bathtub Drain Using 2 Effective Methods
- How To Increase Water Pressure In Shower- 7 Effective Tips
- How To Change Drinking Water Filter- Whole House Water Filter
How To Cook A Brisket In The Oven
If you want to cook a brisket in the oven, you need to follow some steps. Without following the step-by-step process, you cannot get the perfect result. There are a few simple steps to take to make the best beef brisket. It comes down to trimming, seasoning, and cooking properly!
Step 1: Trimming A Brisket
Usually, the brisket has a thick layer of fat. If you want to make it uniform, you need to trim the fat on it. Keep in mind that you cannot trim all the fat. Trimming most of the fat allows you to season penetrates the meat better because a thick layer destroys the perfect seasoning. You have to leave a fewer amount of fat on the brisket for flavor. A general rule of thumb is to leave 1/4 inch. All you need to do is lift the fat with your hands and slice the brisket between the meat and the fat, leaving a thin layer of fat on the meat.
Step 2: Seasoning Brisket
You should season the brisket the night before cooking. First, you need to dry the meat properly and then rub and massage the rub into the meat. Place the brisket onto a rack nestled over a baking sheet. It will allow you to enhance the flavor of the food. You will love to eat the prepared food because of the tasty flavor. To get the delicious flavor, you need to make sure that you season it well.
Step 3: Let The Brisket Rest
You need to keep the brisket to rest before cooking. The best tip to get mouth-watering brisket, you need to let your brisket marinate in the dry rub brine overnight, or up to 24 hours. This process accomplishes two things:
The dry rub brine penetrates the meat for more flavor
Dry brining overnight dries out the outside of the meat, allowing it to sear better the next day. You do not need to be worried because it will still be tender inside
Step 4: Searing Beef Brisket In The Oven
- To sear the brisket in your oven, first, you need to preheat the stovetop-safe roasting pan over two burners on the stovetop over medium-high heat
- Once it is hot, add the brisket and sear for 2-3 minutes. Sear the brisket until you get the brown color on the bottom
- Use tongs and a turner to carefully flip the brisket, and then repeat on the other side
Step 5: Roasting Brisket In The Oven
- After searing the brisket, remove it from the oven
- Add bone broth to keep the brisket moist during roasting
- Use a wooden spoon to de-glaze and remove the browned bits from the bottom
- Place the rack over the roasting pan, and add the brisket on top make sure you place the fat side up
- Pierce the temperature probe into the center of the brisket
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and roast until the brisket internal temperature reaches 200 degrees F
Step 6: Cooking Time In The Oven
How long you need to cook the brisket depends on the size and shape of your meat. A 4-pound brisket cook time is about 2.5 to 4 hours, but it is better to use a temperature probe to ensure proper cooking temperature. Temperature probes allow you to know how long you need to cook and it gives you an excellent cooking result. If you know how to use an Oster rice cooker then it will be easy for you to use an oven to cook brisket.
Step 7: Let Brisket Rest After Cooking
Once the brisket reaches the desired temperature that means 200 degrees, remove it from the oven. Keep the brisket covered with foil, and rest for 20 minutes before slicing. When the brisket is in the resting process, it keeps the juices in the meat, and also the internal temperature will continue to rise during this time.
Step 8: Slicing Brisket
After taking a rest, you need to slice the brisket. One thing you need to make sure that you are cutting the brisket against the grain so that you are shortening the connective tissues running through the cut of meat. It makes the cutting process easier to eat and tender when sliced properly.
Brisket is a mouthwatering food. If you like to have brisket then you must know how to cook a brisket in the oven. You can cook brisket right in your kitchen if you can follow the above steps carefully. It will allow you to get delicious and tender brisket.