Save your time and enjoy your cooking task! How To Use An Oster Rice Cooker?
If you are a beginner at using an automated rice cooker, you do not need to be worried because the Oster rice cooker is easy to use and saves you the hassle of manually regulating heat and determining the amount of water needed. You can complete your cocking task with this device without a hassle. Even the manufacturer includes a highly comprehensive user guide for your reference.
As the guideline contains an overly detailed process and you may not have enough time to read the entire process we came here with some simple instructions on how to use an Oster rice cooker. We have simplified the entire process into easy-to-follow steps.
- How To Cook A Brisket In The Oven- 8 Simple Steps
- How To Build Free Standing Wooden Steps | Six Easy Steps
- How To Drill Out A Lock In 6 Easy Steps
- How To Unclog A Bathtub Drain Using 2 Effective Methods
How To Use An Oster Rice Cooker
Using an Oster rice cooker is very simple if you know the proper cooking process. To cook in this rice cooker, you need to follow some instructions so that you can get accurate results.
Things You Need
- Measuring Cup (preferably one that comes with the rice cooker)
First, you need to identify the amount of rice you want to cook. After that, measure the rice using a measuring cup. It is better to use the measuring cup that comes with the rice cooker. All rice cookers have a specific capacity so you need to make sure that you do not exceed the recommended capacity since that would destroy the pot.
If you are a beginner and if you do not understand how to know the raw rice you need, then you should always consider a theory and that is 1 cup of raw rice = 2 cups of cooked rice. After measuring the rice, you can move on to the preparation phase.
This process is the most crucial part of cooking rice because it determines the scrumptiousness of your delicacy. You need to wash the rice perfectly and make sure that you wash your rice and rinse it severally using clean, cold water. It helps in eliminating excess starch, otherwise, the rice would stick together making it difficult to cook.
Once you wash your rice adequately, you can be sure that you will not experience boiling over situations that would otherwise turn your cooking escapades into a nightmare.
Determine The Ratio Of The Water And The Rice
You need to determine the water according to the measurement of the rice. You need the right amount of water to complete the cooking process successfully. You can determine the water as a rule of thumb and it helps you to get accurate results.
- 1.5 cups of water per 1 cup of white rice
- 2 cups of water per 1 cup of brown or long grain rice
If you would like to cook grain and brown rice then you will require more water to cook entirely because they are relatively water-resistant.
Place The Rice In The Cooker
After measuring, washing, and determining the ratio of the water you need to place the rice in the cooker. Place the rice in the cooker and let it soak for approximately 5 minutes. Soaking rice enhances the cooking process and guarantees fluffier rice.
Close The Lid
Plugin your rice cooker and you will see a red light display that indicates the rice has started cooking. Oster rice cookers are pretty fast and can prepare food within 15 minutes. Once it completes its cooking task, the red light will be orange. It indicates the rice is ready but will stay warm until you switch the cooker off. If you want to enjoy soft rice, you can let it sit in the cooker for another 15 minutes to absorb extra moisture.
Steaming Vegetables In Oster Rice Cooker
Apart from cooking rice, you can steam vegetables in your Oster rice cooker. You can use it for steaming your favorite vegetables, proteins, and corn. If you can use the device perfectly, you can be sure that you will preserve the nutrients, color, and the original taste of all your vegetables. For eating vegetables, you need to use the upper tray of the device.
- First, you need to fill the cooker’s inner pot with the right amount of water. The water can be approximately 1/3 cupful of water for every 10 ounces of corn, peas, broccoli, and other vegetables.
- After getting the right amount, you need to place the inner pot into your Oster rice cooker while ensuring that it touches the heating plate.
- Prepare the vegetables and place them into the steaming tray.
- Place the tray on the top of the inner pot and make sure that you cover it using the lid.
- Plugin the Oster rice cooker and turn the device on.
- Let the vegetables steam for 30-40 minutes. When the water has dissolved completely, the heater will turn orange signaling the keep warm status.
- Disconnect the cooker and unplug it and finally remove the tray from the cooker and serve it.
After going through the entire article, you will not have any confusion about How To Use An Oster Rice Cooker. We have explained the cooking process simple so that you can use the device without any hesitation. This rice cooker is very helpful to cook in a very short time and it does not destroy the nutrients of the food.