Are you worried about replacing the Honeywell batteries?
You will not have to put up with being stuck in the cold for much longer because we are always with you to solve all your problems. This article will show you the guidelines of How To Change Thermostat Battery Honeywell.
The thermostats most likely to have batteries are the programmable models with an LED display, but some of these draw power from the transformer. The thermostat models have a connection for a common wire and if they do not have a C wire, they probably need batteries.
If your thermostat has batteries, you need to replace them with new ones. There are various series of thermostats available on the market that need batteries but not all of them come with the same battery removal system.
Let’s learn the changing process of thermostat battery Honeywell according to the series!
- How To Repair A Damaged Glass Cooktop| 8 Easy Steps
- How To Make Cedar Oil | 3 Easy Methods
- How To Clean Nickel Silver And Polished | (4-5) Easy Methods
How To Change Thermostat Battery Honeywell
Honeywell 2000 series
The Honeywell series comes with different models. According to the numbers of serious, the changes of the thermostat battery are different. The Honeywell 2000 series comes with model numbers TH2110D and TH2210D. This series has a LED screen and push-button controls, and it is suitable for conventional heating or cooling systems and heat pumps.
The included batteries are used for backup when the thermostat is connected to 24-VAC power. You need to replace the battery once a year.
It is not difficult to change the battery of this serious. By following some processes, you can easily change the Honeywell battery without giving much effort. Let’s learn the ways of changing the battery of this series!
- Before starting the task, you need to switch the system off. If you do not switch off the model, you could have an accident.
- Now you need to disengage it from the wall plate. To disengage the product, you have to pull the cover plate straight off the wall.
- Turn the cover plate over and you will see the two AAA batteries. Remove the batteries and replace them with fresh ones.
- Snap the cover plate back onto the wall plate and turn the system back ON.
Honeywell 4000 Series
Now let’s talk about the Honeywell 4000 Series. This series includes the TH4110D and TH4210D models. These models are programmable and designed to run heating or cooling systems with or without a heat pump.
That means you can run the models without a heat pump and it is a great advantage of using the models. If the REPLACE BATTERY icon flashes, you have about two months to replace the batteries before they go dead. Without delay, you need to change the batteries as soon as possible.
- First, you need to turn off the models to avoid any kind of accident
- After switching off the unit, you have to remove the thermostat from the wall plate. To remove it, you need to pull at the bottom of the faceplate.
- Turn it over and then remove the two AA batteries
- Take the new batteries, and replace them
- Finally, snap the thermostat back onto the wall plate
Honeywell 5000 and 6000 Series
The Honeywell 5000 and 6000 Series includes three models and they are the TH5110D, the TH5320U, and the TH5220D.
The former Honeywell model takes AAA alkaline batteries; on the other hand, the latter two take AA alkaline batteries. The battery compartment is on the side of the unit. In terms of battery replacement, the 6000 series is virtually identical except that it runs on AA batteries.
- Before starting the task, turn off the system
- Depress the tab to open the battery compartment. To reveal the batteries, you need to swing them out from the faceplate.
- After revealing the batteries, you need to remove the old batteries and replace them with new ones.
- Swing the compartment back into the faceplate and push to snap it shut.
Honeywell 8000 Series
The Honeywell 8000 series includes the TH8110U, TH8320U, and TH8321U models. It is the most versatile offering of the company. This unit can control up to three heating and two cooling systems at the same time with dehumidification.
The three AAA batteries are not mandatory; they are only needed if the thermostat is wired directly to AC power. To replace them you need to follow the process
- Switch the system off.
- Pull off the cover plate.
- Turn over the cover plate and pull out the used batteries.
- Replace the batteries with new ones.
- Snap the cover plate back onto the wall plate.
All the models are specifically mentioned in the article so that you can easily replace yours. It does not take much time to replace the thermostat batteries. Once you learn how to change the thermostat battery Honeywell, then you can replace the batteries in a minute.